See the technology that makes the Optibike the best electric bike in the world
The remarkably sleek Optibike design holds the biggest battery available in an electric bike giving you the longest range possible. Exclusive Patented Motorized Bottom Bracket MBB TM climbs the steepest hills with greatest efficiency. Racing level Suspension and Hydraulic brakes with 14 speed Rohloff hub keeps you safe and stable in all conditions. So much goes into the Optibike, so you get more out of life. All designed and made in America.
Exclusive Patented Motorized Bottom Bracket (MBB)
You control your experience with the patented Optibike Motorized Bottom Bracket that was design from the ground up by Optibike to satisfies the needs of American riders. The wide open spaces in America demand a bike with the power to travel long distances and climb the steepest hills. The MBB has the highest power to volume of any system in the world, allowing for full suspension and “true” bike handling.
- Outstanding Hill Climbing Ability
- Will not overheat on steepest climb
- Highest Power to Volume in the industry
- Patented Derivative Power Control (DPC)
- Combines high acceleration with high efficiency for long ride times
- Intuitive “Natural Bicycle” feel is best in industry.
- Game Changing Cool Carbon™ Battery Technology
Optibike pioneered the use of Lithium Ion batteries in electric bikes and is now on its 4th generation of Lithium Ion batteries, all designed by Optibike and built in the USA. Optibike batteries are built to more rigorous standards than other electric bicycles. This is why they last so long and that we can offer the longest warranty on a battery.
Patented Cool Carbon keeps the Optibike battery cool when riding and doubles it’s life span, allowing Optibike to offer the longest battery warranty in the industry.
The Optibike also has the largest battery capacity of any electric bike. The energy density is almost twice other bikes, which means less weight and longer distance rides for you. The result of cutting edge research and development, each cell block in the pack is individually controlled and monitored at all times to ensure maximum health.
- Available on R11 48 volt and External Touring Battery
- State of the art pack configurations and cell chemistry
- Cool Carbon Technology keeps the cells cool for maximum life.
- Packs lasts minimum 30,000 miles
- Guaranteed for 3 years
- 90 mile plus range (with Optional Touring Battery).
- Highest Energy Density of any vehicle made in the world.
- Elegant low resistance and highly robust cell interconnect technology
The Optibike has much greater range than my Stromer. The Stromer drains the battery on hills, while the Optibike keeps on goingJustin, Santa Monica, CA
Frame: Where Performance is Art
The beautiful and patented monocoque frame is constructed of aircraft grade 6061 aluminum. From stamping to CNC machining, all components are made in the USA. Each frame is hand welded by master craftsmen. After heat treating, critical bearing journals are machined to a tolerance of less than 0.001 inch. This takes time, but gives exceptional performance and durability. One look at the frame and it speaks for itself. It is aggressive, strong and one of the main reasons that the Optibike can take on anything in an urban environment. Designed to have a low center of gravity, the Optibike is highly maneuverable and responsive.
- Patented Frame designed from the ground up by Optibike and made in USA.
- Monocoque is rigid and lightweight.
- Low center of gravity for better maneuverability and responsiveness
- Low position of battery acts like a “keel” in boat, keeping bike most stable.
- All electronics safely secured in frame for protection from the elements.
- Frame houses the high capacity battery. The double wall of the frame and battery case, give maximum crash protection for the battery, un matched in the industry.
- Unique unified swingarm hand welded in USA from aircraft grade aluminum for reduced weight and increased torsional rigidity
Down 81 pounds! I haven’t been this weight since the end of college back in 1979! Lean, mean, fighting machine! Ok, not too lean, but real mean… and a fighting machine as you can see by this picture. The help of coach Traci Brown in the Optibike Weight Loss Program was key to my successBob Brewer,
Wheels and Brakes: Robust and Responsive
The Optibike uses high strength DT Swiss Rims laced to American made Chris King hubs in the front and Avid Hydraulic Disk brakes. The Avid disk brakes are the same ones used on World Champion Downhill bikes and provided unparalleled stopping power.
- Brakes are more precise, easier to modulate and require less effort
- Up to 200 mm rotors for increased stopping power
- Four piston per caliper.
- High performance brake pads
- Light and strong Swiss DT rims.
Suspension: Only The Best-From an American Legend
Optibike used the world’s best off road bicycle suspension built by the American Company FOX Racing Shox. Fox has been a leader in suspension off road technology since the 1970’s.
- Kashima coating for reduced friction.
- Through front axle for high rigidity
- Magnesium lowers for reduced weight.
- Front adjustments: Compression and rebound damping. and height adjustment
- Rear adjustments: Air shock easily adjusted with supplied pump for wide range of rider weights. Adjustable rebound dampening and lock out provision.
Simple Controls: Focus on the Ride
- Fast/ Eco switch to allow riders to select performance and range
- Exclusive SAFE Mode gives you a reserve battery capacity to finish a ride.
- Dual high intensity halogen headlights
- Choice of Grips
- Choice of seat designs
- Choice of Pedals
- Customized to your size and weight.
- Gearing: Rohloff 14 Speed Hub with Ultra Wide Range
The Rohloff 14 Speed internal hub is known the world over for its high performance and durability. All 14 speeds are housed inside the hub and it can be shifted when stopped. Easy, simple and durable-need we say more?
- Virtually Maintenance free.
- No derailleur, no missed shifts, no broken chains.
- Long chain life.
- Can shift when stopped.
- Geared for rapid acceleration and maximum efficiency
- Ultra Wide range for climbing steepest hills.
Award Winning Custom Paint
Optibike is the only electric bicycle company to offer full complete custom paint jobs. These custom frames have incredible detail in design created by airbrush artists. These are the same artists that do custom Harley Davidson bikes where the paint job can cost $50,000 alone. Optibike is dedicated to providing the highest performance custom electric bikes in the world. Use one of our designs or design your own, the sky’s the limit.
Learn More About Electric Bikes – Free Book
In years selling electric bikes, Optibike Founder, Jim Turner found many people did not understand the basics of electric bike technology or the potential of electric bike to change their lives. To solve this, Jim wrote a book “The Electric Bike Book”. For a limited time, you can receive the book for Free.
In The Electric Bike Book author Jim Turner gives us an informative and entertaining look at the rapidly expanding world of electric bicycles.Forget the do-it-yourself garage projects with clunky motors mounted on heavy cruiser bikes. The reality is that hi-tech, modern electric bicycles have come of age in Western Europe and America, where quality manufacturers and some of the world’s best engineers are introducing amazing new technologies and design. The results are innovative and highly efficient electric bicycles that provide safe alternative transportation in such a fun, healthy and environmentally responsible manner as to make urban automobile use obsolete.